Monday, October 29, 2012

Ten Firsts With My First Born


1. The first time I saw those two pink lines, I was rendered speechless.

2. The first time I felt you kick, I was giddy.

3. The first time I saw you, I was amazed.

4. The first time someone recognized that I was pregnant, I was proud.


5. The first time I realized you were going to be born at 33 weeks and 4 days, I was completely at peace.

6. The first time I heard you were a girl, it felt exactly right.

7. The first time you were laid on my chest, you looked at daddy, blew a big bubble out of your mouth, and a miracle was witnessed.

8. The first time I saw you after you were wisked away, you had an IV and wore an oxygen mask, but you were quiet and peaceful, and I knew you were brave.

9. The first time I really, really, really got to hold you, you were 9 hours old, and you felt completely perfect in my arms.



10. The first time we brought you home, at 18 days old, we took a long, deep, much needed breath, and happiness filled our home.


From that day onward, you, my first born, my sweet sweet girl, have gifted me with so many firsts. I look forward to a lifetime more.

Hooking up with The Good Life for Monday Listicles.



5 comments:

  1. Happy tears for this post, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I see that you're a new blogger--congratulations!

    My oldest son was a preemie too, although in his case a 24-weeker. I will never forget the first time I held him (he was 6 weeks old)...I should have included that on my list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post. Love your writing.

    ReplyDelete